The Converged HPC & Cloud Computing architecture is a combination of the advantages of HPC and cloud computing. Also, it is the one of most appropriate architecture designs for the development of artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The typical practice of the converged architecture are:
- HPC speeds up the data processing performance, also it provides the public cloud like service for AI model training.
- Cloud computing provides AI model inferences service. Moreover, the DevOps application also can be built on a cloud computing environment to enhance R&D efficiency.
- The converged architecture design not only brings the efficiency but also a higher return of investment of the information technology. Following applications are suitable for this architecture design.
- The organizations value data security or ownership.
- The organizations or institutions that develop artificial technology.
- The organizations are developing intelligence services, such as smart medical-care, smart manufacturing … etc.